Thursday, February 13, 2020

Honduras Education According to Josue Elias Mejia Santos


Honduras Education:

Link to other blogs:
  1. Rosa's sister visiting RoatanRead more!
  2. Double Booking The Same Date, NEW!
  3. Childhood of Josue Elias Mejia

I can only tell education level in the country from the education that I got in school, can’t say much about Honduras education, so here goes my life preparation story.

I went to 1st and 2nd grade in Tegucigalpa when I was 7 years old.

Started 3rd grade in Teupasenti, my parents moved me to Roatan so continued and finished 3rd and 4th grade in West End village, Roatan.

Josue Elias Mejia ages 6, 9 and 18 years old - Let's Go Roatan Tours
Josue Elias Mejia before School, Elias at age 9 years and Elias at age 18 years in the Honduran NAVY 2003.

Ages 9 and 10, I was selling hats with my father; I had saved enough money to buy my own BMX Bike!

When I was about to go to 5th grade in the public school, Kriss Holtz from Tajo California but living in Roatan and running South Winds Real State in West End Village, she notice how my father Sabas was raising me the only way he knew, kind of aggressive beatings, felted it in her heart to sponsor me in a Bilingual School, the best education and the most expensive in Roatan at that time.

At the school they had me do a Grammar English test to check my spelling and I failed the test in very easy words, the school can only take me as a 3rd grade student, Kriss Holtz  seemed to be a little annoyed at the way the school handled the citations and that there seemed to be a bit of racism because I was a Hispanic boy, but what had to happen happened, I missed spellings some English words, English was to me, a new language at that time!

Between these times I meet another couple that was influencers in my life, Genie Johnson & Tom Johnson if you ever would like to send a package to Roatan, you can use their mailing address and I will get it. (Will write a blog about this).

Finished 3rd grade at one of the most respected schools in Roatan, Kriss Holtz had business challenges that had to leave the island and find me other sponsors, Mr. Raymond Lopez & Mss. Michelle Lopez.

Waves of Art Gallery


(At that age 1998, Hurricane Mitch hit Roatan and I felt safe with Ray & Michelle at a very strong shelter, from up there in West End I could see my father at the distance walking in the middle of the hurricane, apparently hurricanes here are nothing more than a lot of rain.)

Like every teen ager, I had rules I had to follow, for some reason in life I was failing to follow directions, so did not make it to the Private School 5th grade.

Went selling hat on the beach along my father, went working for companies, find out life was not that easy, tried night schooling from 6 to 9, was going to sleep about 11pm and tired from work I can only make it 7 months on the year and left school, drop out of school.

Age of 14 close to 15, I had saved enough to buy my own Mountain Bike, size 26 wheel Bike and enough for a Trip To Go Visit my grandparents in Teupasenti, the main land, South of Honduras.

At that Time I see my wife Ana Rosa Calero for the first time at age of 16 years old, we didn’t have together yet buy I cried as leaving Teupasenti when I run out of money to stay there longer.

Age of 17 (year 2002) my mother asked Antonio Mathias from Anthony’s Key Resort to help me get at job at the very reputable dive resort and he trained me as a Scuba Diver (Under Water Videographer).

Age 18, I joined the Honduran NAVY in the main land and was visiting my grandparents, start seeing my wife Ana Rosa Calero again and after many months we decided to get together and had Ashley Mejia as a wish from Rosa’s father.

Continued Night School being with my wife Ana Rosa Calero

Her story is very similar with the education except that she actually finished her primary school that at that time was till 6th grade, but Rosa got a sponsorship to finish her secondary school as an adult thought Tia Laird (Thank you Tia).

Rosa finished her 12th grade and I finally also finished my 12th grade as an adult when I was working for Gumbalimba Park.

Ashley Mejia is been fortunate to be sponsored at the Bay Island Academy since the school foundation, previously called Sandy Bay Alternative School, Ashley has been there since kinder garden, Thank to:

  1. Henry & Frances Zittower through Living Water 4 Roatan and Personal Donations
  2. Elba Rosa who knew Don & Martha from IOWA.


If you have made to the end, now you know my education level so I have good excuse if I'm making mistakes all over the places. LOL. 😇


Puclic school hours are from:

7:00am till 11:45am
12:00m till 5:00pm
6:00pm till 9:00pm


Hope you like this story

Please share.





I like working online so I've done lots of websites 
→ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 …


✅ Thank you for supporting →🌴 Let's Go Roatan Tours 🌴🗽🎇


You can find out more About Us:

Facebook  | TripAdvisor  | WhatsApp

Website  | Call Me  | Blog


    







No comments:

Post a Comment